- Fresherslive »
- About »
- World Brain Tumour Day 2020: Important date, History, Causes, Brain tumours Symptom, and Treatments
World Brain Tumour Day 2020: Important date, History, Causes, Brain tumours Symptom, and Treatments
Updated: Jun 09, 2020 18:02 IST
World Brain tumour Day 2020: World Brain tumour Day is celebrated on June 8 every year by . The main objective of World Brain tumour Day is to create awareness and educate the public about brain tumours. Get information about Brain tumour Day, history, causes, symptoms and treatments.
World Brain Tumour Day 2020
World Brain tumour Day was first observed by the German Brain Tumour Association on June 8. The brain tumour is an uncommon ailment that is life-threatening. Brain tumours are the second most type of cancers affecting children below the age of 12.
So, it is important to spread awareness among the people and be supportive of affected patients and their families.
What is the History of World Brain Tumour Day?
World Brain tumour Day was initiated by the German Brain tumour Association, a non-profit organization. The Association declared the observation of World Brain tumour Day on 8 June 2000.
爱乐透彩票The German Brain tumour Association was founded in 1998 and after that, more than 500 members from 14 nations have registered in this association. The association receives encouraging and inclined support from brain tumour patients, their families, and also from top medical organizations throughout the world. This non-profit organization helps in encouraging the affected people and helps them to overcome the turmoil.
Why celebrate World Brain Tumour Day?
The World Brain tumour Day is celebrated to create awareness among the public who don't have knowledge about the brain tumour and precaution them to take regular screening for brain tumour detection. The day is also celebrated to:
Support the affected individuals and give them hope for faster recovery
Appreciate the people who are all fighting against the tumour in everyday lives
Campaigns are conducted to raise the funds in order to help the affected individuals who are not capable to pay for their treatments
What is Brain Tumour?
The brain tumour is the mass or abnormal growth of cells in the brain. Basically, the tumours are two types namely malignant and benign(nonmalignant) tumours. The malignant tumours are abnormal cells and grow uncontrollably hence it is known as cancerous cells. Whereas benign tumours are non-cancerous cells, it does not spread but if something happened, the cell overgrew and turned into lumps.
The brain tumour is classified into two main types - primary brain tumours and secondary brain tumours.
Primary brain tumours: These types of tumour cells start from the tissues of the brain and grow on the grades.
Secondary brain tumours: This tumour originates from other parts of the body and moves to the brain usually through the bloodstream. These types are more common in people who are suffering from leukemia, lung cancer, breast cancer.
What are the causes of Brain Tumour?
The exact cause of the brain tumour is not yet found。 Some of the conditions which may increase the risk of its occurrence are as follows。
- Exposure to ionizing radiation during the treatment of the brain or head
- Hereditary gene factors
- Severe head injury
- Overexposure to more chemicals
- Unhealthy lifestyle
What are the symptoms of Brain Tumour?
There are no specific symptoms for brain tumours because the symptoms vary depending on the location of the tumour in the brain. Some of the general symptoms are
- Severe headaches
- Changes in speech or hearing
- Changes in vision
- Memory problems
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
- Perpetual nausea and vomiting and fatigue
How to diagnoize Brain Tumour?
The signs & symptoms of a brain tumour can vary totally depending on the size of the brain tumour, location, and rate of growth. Based on the symptoms, doctors may advise the following test to diagnose the brain tumour.
MRI - Magnetic Resonance Imaging is an imaging technique to measure tumour size. The special dye is injected into patients to get a clear image.
CT scan - It takes the images of the brain by using X-rays from different angles.
Positron emission tomography (PET) or PET-CT scan - PET scan is used to find more information about the tumours at the stage of patients receiving the treatments. It is usually combined with a CT scan hence it is known as a PET-CT scan.
Cerebral angiogram - It is also known as cerebral arteriogram which takes a series of X-rays of the head that clearly shows the arteries of the brain.
Neurocognitive assessment - It is a detailed assessment of all major functions of the brain, such as storage and retrieval of memory, expressive and receptive language abilities, calculation, dexterity, and the overall well-being of the patient.
How can the Brain Tumour be treated?
Treatments for a brain tumour depends on the type of tumour, size and location of the tumour, stage and possible side effects on the patient health, etc。, Some of the options for the treatment are as follows:
- Surgery- It is the first step treatment for brain tumours mostly to remove the low-grade brain tumours.
- Radian therapy- It uses high energy X-rays to destroy the tumour cells.
- Chemotherapy - In this treatment drugs are used to kill the tumour cells.
- Targeted therapy: This therapy focuses on a specific element of a cell, such as molecules or pathways required for cell growth, in order to use them as a target.
- Avengers Infinity War Full Movie Download
- Shakuntala Devi Full Movie Download
- Drishyam Full Movie Download
- Bulbbul Full Movie Download
- Pencil Full Movie Download
- Daaka Full Movie Download
- Dil Bechara Full Movie Download
- Malibu Rescue: The Next Wave Full Movie Download
- Raees Full Movie Download
- Shivaji Surathkal Full Movie Download
- Dagaalty Full Movie Download
- Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo Full Movie Download
- Padi Padi Leche Manasu Full Movie Download
- Jada Full Movie Download
- Lootcase Full Movie Download
- Ek Villain Full Movie Download
- Elysium Full Movie Download
- 爱乐透彩票Iddarammayilatho Full Movie Download
- Rangan Style Hindi Dubbed Full Movie Download
- Malibu Rescue: The Next Wave Hindi Dubbed Full Movie Download
- National Statistics Day
- World Asteroid Day
- 爱乐透彩票World Music Day 2020
- World Diabetes Day
- World Sickle Cell Day 2020
- What 9 letter word is still a word riddle
- Emancipation Day
- Windrush day
- International Day of Yoga
- Autistic Pride Day
- World Hydrography Day
- Kannada Movie Download
- Penny Has 5 Children Riddle
- Hindi Movie Download
- I Turn Polar Bears White Riddle
- Telugu Movie Download
- Malayalam Movie Download
- 爱乐透彩票International Picnic Day
- World Sauntering Day
- Corpus Christi
- Queen's Birthday
- World Brain Tumour Day
- Two Father and Two Sons Riddle
- How Can A Leopard Change Its Spots Riddle
- Mr Blue Lives in a Blue House Riddle