- Fresherslive »
- About »
- International Picnic Day 2020: Know Origin, Significance, How to plan a picnic, What to do International Picnic Day
International Picnic Day 2020: Know Origin, Significance, How to plan a picnic, What to do International Picnic Day
Updated: 爱乐透彩票Jun 09, 2020 18:04 IST
International Picnic Day 2020: International Picnic Day is observed on 18 June every year to celebrate Picnic which is one of the ways of enjoying nature, spending time with family, getting to know people, and relax oneself. Picnic is a fun activity to undertake with friends, family, especially on the International Picnic Day 2020. This article will tell you more about the Meaning of picnic, History of International Picnic Day 2020, Importance, Ways to Celebrate, and how to plan a picnic.
International Picnic Day 2020:
International Picnic Day 2020 that falls yearly on June 18 is an excellent opportunity to take off our busy schedules and organize a picnic with our dear ones. It is a good way to enjoy pleasant weather and it helps to bond well with family and friends with games, music, and food. On this day you can also enjoy picnics with an international flair.
Mix up your picnics with dishes from various cuisines。 These can include Asian food like curries, rice, vegetables, tempura shrimp, chicken, or fish。 Soak in the flavours of various places by adding Turkish flatbreads, Italian cheeses, American hamburgers, and French bread。 Fruits like apples, pears, oranges, grapes, pineapple complement picnic meals well。 Sweet desserts, even ice cream are a hit。 Indian favourites like bhutta (sweet corn) and fruit chaat ( a spicy fruit salad) are refreshing to have on a warm sunny day。
What is Picnic?
爱乐透彩票Picnic is a meal that is had outdoors in scenic surroundings like a park, countryside, or any other place with an interesting view。 It is usually undertaken when the weather is good, such as in spring or summer。 Picnics are usually had as late morning or midday meals, but can also be done in the evenings。 It was an essential part of the 19th-century social life as it also was an opportunity for young people to interact freely。
History of International Picnic Day
The actual origin of the International Picnic Day is unknown, but it is understood to have arisen in the period towards the end of the French Revolution and the Victorian Era。 Although the origins of International Picnic Day are not known, it does not dampen its popularity as people in many countries go out for a picnic to celebrate the day。 The word picnic may have been derived from the verb piquer, meaning ‘to pick or peck’, and the noun nique, ‘‘a small amount’。 It began in the 18th century as a favourite pastime of the aristocracy and were indoor affairs, venues being home, or hired rooms。 By the 20th century, outdoor picnics were common in England。 The exact origin of International Picnic Day is not known but it is generally accepted as an informal food holiday that is an escape from formality。
How to celebrate International Picnic Day 2020?
International Picnic Day is a made-up holiday that is celebrated on June 18。 You can celebrate this day by packing your picnic basket, hopping into the car, or walking to a cheery picnic spot area and enjoy a meal outside, either by yourself or with your family and friends。 Spending the day with loved ones is a great way to observe this unofficial holiday。
What is the significance of observing International Picnic Day?
International Picnic Day is a day that encourages people to spend the day outdoors and enjoy the company of other people. Various charity events are also conducted on this day and schools use this opportunity to organize picnics for their students. People can take this chance to meet their friends and families and go on picnics. It helps to slow down the routine and catch up with things they may have missed.
How to plan a Picnic?
Organizing a picnic can be a fun way to get to know new people better or to have a good time with people you already know. These are some tips to plan a good picnic:
- Plan ahead, pick a good place to go to, confirm the number of people who will be attending. Make a list of food items or beverages, keeping in mind everyone’s preference.
- Delegate tasks to the guests who will attend the picnic. This is a good way to make sure everyone feels like they played a part.
- You can also do a potluck. This means that every person who is attending will bring along a dish that can be shared with the group. Potlucks help to add variety to a meal.
- Plan interesting activities for the day. These may be games, singing songs, group sports, or running races and storytelling for kids.
- Be prepared for any untoward circumstances. Pack basic first aid kits, umbrellas, and any other useful items.
What is essential for a picnic?
All picnics will have some items that are needed commonly. They help to make a picnic more comfortable and it will help to make sure you have all of them by ticking them off a checklist. These may be :
- Food and beverages
- Cups and plates
- Towels for cleaning and bags to collect waste
- Blanket to spread on the ground before sitting down
- Basket or any other carrier to hold the food items
International Picnic Day Quotes
Nothing is better than a picnic - Zooey Deschanel
Unless you are at a picnic, life is no picnic - Jane Wagner
You can plan a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather. - Andre
Life is a picnic on a precipice - W.H. Auden
Dinner and a movie, forget that I’d rather have a picnic and a waterfall - Amanda Grace
There are few things so pleasant as a picnic eaten in perfect comfort - W. Somerset Maugham
- Virgin Bhanupriya Full Movie Download
- Dil Bechara Full Movie Download
- Shakuntala Devi Full Movie Download
- The Expendables 3 Full Movie Download
- Lootcase Full Movie Download
- Yaari Dosti Full Movie Download
- Siruthai Full Movie Download
- Coach Carter Full Movie Download
- Gandhi Fer Aa Gea Full Movie Download
- Raat Akeli Hai Full Movie Download
- 爱乐透彩票Inttelligent Full Movie Download
- Surya The Soldier Hindi Dubbed Full Movie Download
- Utraan Full Movie Download
- 爱乐透彩票Ee Nagaraniki Emaindi Full Movie Download
- Moothon Full Movie Download
- 10 Kalpanakal Full Movie Download
- The Assassins Full Movie Download
- Dil Se Full Movie Download
- Alien Hunger Full Movie Download
- Siruthai Full Movie Download
- National Statistics Day
- World Asteroid Day
- World Music Day 2020
- 爱乐透彩票World Diabetes Day
- 爱乐透彩票World Sickle Cell Day 2020
- What 9 letter word is still a word riddle
- Emancipation Day
- Windrush day
- International Day of Yoga
- Autistic Pride Day
- World Hydrography Day
- Kannada Movie Download
- 爱乐透彩票Penny Has 5 Children Riddle
- 爱乐透彩票Hindi Movie Download
- I Turn Polar Bears White Riddle
- Telugu Movie Download
- Malayalam Movie Download
- International Picnic Day
- World Sauntering Day
- Corpus Christi
- Queen's Birthday
- World Brain Tumour Day
- Two Father and Two Sons Riddle
- How Can A Leopard Change Its Spots Riddle
- Mr Blue Lives in a Blue House Riddle